Laparoscopic Surgery for Denver’s Pets
At Vida Veterinary Care, we offer a high level of care for our patients. One of the ways we do this is by offering laparoscopic surgeries, a minimally invasive surgical technique. Laparoscopic surgery, or ‘keyhole’ surgeries, are performed using small incisions and special equipment with a camera to visualize the organs. This allows the surgeons to perform the procedure with a higher level of precision, which optimizes the success of the surgery and minimizes risk.
Benefits of Laparoscopic Surgery
As a minimally invasive surgical technique, laparoscopies offer many benefits that help your pet recover faster from surgery. These benefits include:
- Less bleeding from smaller incisions
- Fewer surgical complications
- Less bruising at the surgical site
- Less pain and discomfort for your pet, which means less need for pain medications, too
Common Laparoscopic Procedures
Laparoscopy is commonly used in abdominal surgeries. Some of the more common procedures that we can perform utilizing the laparoscope include:
- Gastropexy (to prevent bloat which is caused by the stomach twisting)
- Biopsies of organs such as liver, pancreas, and kidneys
- Laparoscopy can also be used to assist with other abdominal surgeries such as bladder and kidney stone removal.
If your pet needs abdominal surgery, a laparoscopic procedure is one of the best ways to minimize their risk and ensure a safer, faster recovery. Learn more about it by contacting us today or asking at your next appointment!